Dome of Yusuf bin Ayyub

Built by Hz. Salahuddin Ayyubi رحمة الله عليه in the late 12th century, Dome of Yusuf bin Ayyub is located at the southern end of the Dome of the Rock terrace and has been renovated several times

Jerusalem, Palestine

Coordinates: 31.777389, 35.235325

The dome was built in 1191 CE by the Ayoubi King Hz. Salahuddin Ayyubi رحمة الله عليه; it was renovated in 1681 CE during the Ottoman Era.

According to some historians it was named Yusuf Dome in commemoration of Prophet Yusuf عليه اسلام.

Others attribute the name to its founder Yusuf bin Ayoub, who is famous by the name Salahuddin Ayyubi.

The dome’s structure is open from all sides, except for the southern side which is sealed by a wall.

It is based on two stone columns and contains two inscriptions inside, one documenting Salahuddin Ayyubi’s رحمة الله عليه deeds, the other, in Turkish, recognizing its renovator as Ali bin Yusuf Agha.