Coordinates: 31.776074, 35.235773
The Mihrab Zakariyya also known as the Musallah Zakariyya, is a small prayer niche inside Masjid al-Aqsa.
It is believed that the mihrab was built where prophet Hz. Zakariyya عليه اسلام was killed.
Another tradition notes that this is the place where Hz. Zakariyya عليه اسلام used to offer supplication.
It appears that over the years the Mihrab of Hz. Zakariyya عليه اسلام has changed its location at least a couple times.
Today the ornate mihrab is situated abutted against the southern wall of the Mosque of the Forty Martyrs in Al-Aqsa Mosque.
When the Crusaders captured Jerusalem in 1099, they used the mosque as a palace and the Dome of the Rock as a church, but its function as a mosque was restored after its recapture by Salahuddin Ayyubi رحمة الله عليه in 1187.